Aaron S. Applebaum
Aaron Applebaum represents debtors, creditors, committees and trustees in complex bankruptcy cases. He has experience managing Chapter 11 cases, including handling “first-day” hearings, Section 363 sales, cash collateral and debtor-in-possession financing, plan and disclosure statements, claim review and negotiations with creditors, committees and other constituents.
Aaron also has experience assisting clients in bankruptcy litigation, including preference and fraudulent conveyance adversary proceedings, declaratory judgment actions and other contested matters arising in the course of adversarial bankruptcy proceedings. This experience allows Aaron to resolve, if possible, or litigate, if necessary, complex issues for his clients.
Recent select representations include:
- Represented the debtor in Modern Precast Concrete, Inc., a chapter 11 case of a leading manufacturer and distributor of precast concrete structures, pipes and related products
- Represented the debtor in The Village at Penn State Retirement Community, a chapter 11 case of a non-profit
- Represented shopping center landlord interests in large retail bankruptcy proceedings
- Represented the purchaser of several hospitals in complicated Chapter 11 sale proceedings
- Defended numerous vendors and suppliers in large preference adversary proceedings
Alerts & Newsletters