Andrea P. Brockway
Andrea Brockway concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation in the federal and state courts. Her practice includes white collar criminal defense and the representation of insurers and reinsurers in various litigation and regulatory matters.
Andrea has served as editor of White Collar Watch, a monthly newsletter that is published by the White Collar and Government Litigation Practice and covers legal developments and rulings relevant to white collar law and government investigations.
Andrea devotes her time to pro bono matters, which includes the representation of indigent persons in the Philadelphia region. Recently, she assisted in a prisoner civil rights case in federal court.
Prior to law school, Andrea worked in the editorial department of a large publishing house, focusing on the development of higher education and professional text books. While in law school, she was a judicial intern for the Hon. James T. Giles, of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
In addition to her state bar admissions, Andrea is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Past and current representations include:
White Collar and Government Litigation
- Participating in an internal assessment of the sales and promotional practices at a business unit of a global pharmaceutical company in response to a complaint lodged by a former employee
- Representing a mortgage company employee in a government investigation and various state and federal actions
- Assisting in the representation of current and former pharmaceutical company employees in a government investigation
- Participated in the representation of a reinsurer in a breach of contract action pursuant to multiple retrocessional agreements
- Assisted in the discovery phase of a case involving cut-throughs and third party liability under a reinsurance contract