Andrea Cox’s civil litigation practice has evolved over the years to include products liability litigation, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, construction litigation and business litigation. She has experience in jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, Frye/Daubert hearings, and has taken hundreds of depositions over the course of her career. With clients ranging from international Fortune 500 companies to small businesses, Andrea uses her trial and appellate skills to offer legal strategies for each client’s business needs. Andrea regularly serves as a guest judge for the University of Miami Moot Court competition, and volunteers as a mentor to high school and college students interested in pursuing legal careers.
- Revived construction defect claims for roofing contractor by successfully arguing that the entire case should be remanded back to state court, despite final judgment in district court. [Thermoset Corp. v. Bldg. Materials Corp of Am., 849 F.3d 1313 (11th Cir. 2017)]
- Successfully appealed on behalf of 38 plaintiffs of order dismissing securities claims on the grounds that purchases were not investment contracts under S.E.C. v. Howey. [Bamert v. Pulte Home Corp., 2011 WL 5105925 (11th Cir. 2011).]
- Secured a reversal of judgment for $325,000 in economic damages in a defamation action. [NITV, LLC v. Baker, 61 So.3d 1249 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011)]
- Successfully petitioned for a writ of mandamus for a hotel developer where the appellate court required the trial court to rule on whether a commercial dispute is subject to arbitration. [The Gencom Group v. Garcia Stromberg LLC, 34 So.3d 170 (Fla. 3d DCA 2010).]
- Secured the reversal of order in a product liability action finding personal jurisdiction over a Dutch corporation with de minimis contacts in Florida. [Vos B.V. v. Payen, 15 So.3d 734 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009).]
- Successfully petitioned for writ of certiorari on a question of first impression regarding sharing provisions in confidentiality agreements. [Cordis Corporation and Johnson & Johnson v. O’Shea, 988 So.2d 1163 (Fla. 4th DCA 2008):
Alerts & Newsletters