Brittany E. Medio
Brittany E. Medio assists clients with general commercial litigation, particularly institutions of higher education. In addition to representing colleges and universities in litigation, Brittany provides them with advice on issues of compliance, government investigations involving Title IX and other federal laws, employment disputes, student conduct matters, and hazing on campus.
In addition to her work in the higher education arena, Brittany has experience handling employment-related litigation in Pennsylvania state and federal courts and before the EEOC and PHRC, including discrimination and harassment claims.
Select representations include:
- A major public university in an investigation and response to preliminary findings made by the U.S. Department of Education as to the university’s alleged violations of the Clery Act.
- Multiple universities in responding to Department of Education Office for Civil Rights Title IX investigations.
- A college in a dispute with a faculty member related to accusations of misconduct.
- Educational institutions facing Title VII, ADA, and ADEA discrimination claims.
- Multiple institutions in matters involving advice on regulatory interpretation questions and on policy preparation and implementation.
- Universities in Title IX suits brought by students.
- A chemical company on appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit following a multi-million dollar adverse trial judgment.
During her third year of law school in fall 2012, Brittany interned for the Honorable Elizabeth T. Hey, a U.S. Magistrate judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- 1 of 2
- next ›