Michael concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation, financial services litigation, real estate litigation and litigation involving closely-held corporations. He has litigated matters at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal court in New Jersey and New York, as well as in private mediations and arbitrations. Michael represents clients in the real estate, hospitality, health care, automotive, financial services, title insurance, retail, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and construction industries, among others.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal of RICO complaint against dental practice management company in New Jersey state court
- Defended automotive industry clients in RICO action in New York federal court
- Represented custom footwear manufacturer in trademark infringement action in New Jersey federal court
Real Estate Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of real estate holding company in breach of contract action in New York state court and subsequently collected multi-million dollar judgment
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of title insurer in fraud and breach of contract action in New Jersey federal court
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal of fraud action against title insurer in New Jersey state court
Financial Services Litigation
- Represented financial services firm in breach of contract action in New York state court involving electronic treading of U.S. Treasury products
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful foreclosure action against mortgage lender in New York state court
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal of complaint against mortgage lender in New Jersey state court alleging fraud and claims under TILA, RESPA, and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal of action for breach of restrictive covenant on behalf of computer consulting company and its principal in New York state court
- Secured favorable settlement on behalf of client in shareholder action in New York state court involving ownership of a hospitality company
- Served on teams that secured favorable settlements on behalf of a large medical practice, commercial bus company, and printing company in shareholder actions in New Jersey state court
In the pro bono arena, Michael has represented clients in landlord-tenant, guardianship and domestic violence matters, and represented a non-profit in obtaining certification as a 501(c)(3) corporation. Michael also leads firm attorneys in providing pro bono counseling and representation to HomeFront, an organization dedicated to ending homelessness in Central New Jersey, and its clients.
Michael is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits.