Courtney L. Schultz
Courtney Schultz is involved in complex commercial litigation, fiduciary litigation, trust and estate administration, energy and utilities and higher education matters. She represents clients in federal and state courts and administrative agencies in connection with a variety of legal matters, including contract disputes, employment matters, property disputes, regulatory filings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Saul Ewing, Courtney was the Associate General Counsel at Arcadia University in Glenside, PA where she drafted, reviewed and negotiated University contracts, drafted University policies and counseled the University on risk-avoidance strategies.
Courtney was a judicial intern for the Honorable Timothy R. Rice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. During law school, she was on senior staff of The Delaware Journal of Corporate Law.
- Represented an investor-owned water utility in a breach of contract action
- Represented plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit against a large metropolitan city regarding pension benefits
- Represented real estate broker and its agents in negligence actions
- Represents clients in connection with will contests
- Represents administrators of complex estate in connection with matters pertaining to their administration
- Represents National Bank in connection with trust terminations and adjudications.
- Represented Exelon and Constellation in their contested application to obtain regulatory approval in Maryland for their $7.9 billion merger, which created the largest energy provider in the United States
- Represented Exelon and Pepco Holdings Inc. in their contested application to obtain regulatory approval across four state jurisdictions of their $6.8 billion merger.
- Represented The Southern Company before the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities in its contested acquisition of AGL Resources Inc. – a $12 billion merger creating a combined company with both gas and electric distribution.
- Represents local electric distribution company with regulatory and compliance matters pending before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
- Represents private university in connection with federal investigation.
- Represented former employees of global pharmaceutical company in connection with DOJ probe of cGMP and FDA inspection practices
- Represented former employees of global pharmaceutical company in connection with DOJ investigation of promotional practices
- Represented individual in SEC investigation of securities fraud