David J. Martin
Dave Martin assists real estate companies, real estate investment trusts (REITs) and other businesses in complex acquisitions and dispositions of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties, including multi-million dollar portfolios and joint venture arrangements, across the United States. His experience includes handling title, survey and leasing due diligence, conducting closings, and preparing purchase and sale agreements, operating agreements, and other contracts pertinent to these deals.
Dave also assists borrowers with the structuring and closing of multi-million dollar real estate financing transactions. In addition, he prepares, reviews and negotiates leases for both landlords and tenants in the office, retail, health care, and industrial sectors.
Select representative matters include:
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- A private real estate company in a $965 million acquisition of a portfolio of 104 fee-owned office properties located in the suburban markets of Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Tampa, Phoenix, and Southeast Florida.
- A private real estate company in a $245 million acquisition of a portfolio of 31 fee-owned and three ground leased office properties located in suburban Philadelphia.
- A NYSE-listed real estate investment trust in a $220 million disposition of a portfolio of 11 office properties located in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut in a complicated joint-venture structure.
- A private real estate investment firm in numerous dispositions of multi-family apartment complexes located across the southeastern United States totaling over $120 million.
- A NYSE-listed real estate investment trust in the acquisition of a nearly $26.8 million portfolio of three office properties located in New Jersey.
- A national owner/operator of apartment communities in the $23 million acquisition and financing of a multi-family apartment complex located in North Carolina.
- A NASDAQ-listed lender in the issuance of a $3.2 million construction loan for a medical office building.
- A private real estate company in a $17 million refinancing using debt intended for securitization secured by a shopping center located in Georgia, and the defeasance of the existing debt on the property.
- A private real estate company as landlord in the negotiation of a built-to-suit lease with a franchisee of a national restaurant chain located at a shopping center in New Jersey.
- A coalition of 13 business owners who were separately leasing spaces in a commercial building located in Philadelphia as the building’s owner commenced a large-scale redevelopment of the property.
Alerts & Newsletters