Dena B. Calo
Dena Calo is a seasoned HR strategist and employment lawyer who operates out of our Philadelphia, PA and Princeton, NJ offices. She counsels management clients on human resource practices and employment law at a time when employers’ labor and employment policies and procedures face increasing scrutiny. As part of her practice, Dena assists clients in preparing and reviewing employee handbooks, and helps them establish and audit their HR practices and procedures. She also conducts on-site investigations and trains organizations on best HR practices and programs.
Prior to joining Saul Ewing, Dena was director of the Human Resources Practice Group at a regional New Jersey law firm.
In addition, Dena has litigated cases to state and federal juries throughout the United States involving Title VII, ERISA, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act, state and federal constitutional issues, defamation, restrictive covenants and contract disputes.
- Provides employment law training to global and regional leaders in the Construction, Healthcare, Higher Education, Real Estate, Hospitality and Manufacturing industries.
- Presents webinars and live training sessions to HR teams across various industries on matters ranging from documentation and discipline to leaves of absence under the FMLA and ADA.
- Counsels restaurant and hospitality clients on the development and implementation of wage and hour policies including overtime, minimum wage, tip pooling, and tip credits.
- Develops employee handbooks and policies across many industries including accommodation, harassment, BYOD and social media policies.
- Drafts non-compete agreements and executive employment agreements for companies across many industries including banking institutions, health systems, and global construction companies.
- Manages complex wage and hour, on-call and superintendent issues for regional real estate companies.
- Obtained Motion to Dismiss wage and hour class action involving communication company.
- Obtained defense verdicts in jury trials of two sexual harassment cases.
In addition to her state bar admissions, Dena is admitted to practice before the Southern and Eastern Districts in U.S. District Court in New York; in the Middle District for the U.S. District of Pennsylvania and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- 1 of 6
- next ›
- 1 of 2
- next ›
- 1 of 2
- next ›