Earl Adams Jr.
Earl Adams, Jr. is a partner and co-chair of the firm’s Regulatory, Compliance and Government service group. Capitalizing on nearly 15 years of experience in both the private sector and government, Earl understands the intricacies of government and works with regulators and legislators to advance client goals and to protect their interests. He helps clients navigate complex government regulatory and administrative legal issues and regularly represents them before all branches of state and local government, including some federal agencies. His practice focuses on four distinct areas: regulatory approvals; enforcement actions; compliance; and advocacy before both the executive and legislative branches.
Prior to joining Saul Ewing, Earl was of counsel with a global law firm and served as Chief of Staff to Maryland’s Lieutenant Governor. In that government role, he led a team of professionals in advancing administration priorities with the Maryland General Assembly, local governments and federal agencies.
Areas of Experience and Select Representations
- Advised multi-national company before Maryland Public Service Commission related to largest renewable energy project in state
- Managed client’s outside development team to secure local land-use regulatory approvals for acute-care facility
- Represented coalition of business owners to amend local environment ordinances related to the siting of gas stations
- Advised national demolition and remediation company in settlement negotiations with state environmental protection agency
- Advised title insurance company in enforcement action before state insurance administration
- Served as outside compliance counsel on campaign finance and lobbying regulations for multi-national publicly-traded company
- Negotiated sale of state-owned land to community development corporation in public-private partnership transaction
- Secured passage of significant legislation involving personal property taxes on behalf of national heavy equipment company
- Advised next generation transportation company on acquisition of federal right-of-way and railroad regulation
Alerts & Newsletters