Evan J. Foster
Evan Foster concentrates his practice in technology transactions, systems acquisition, intellectual property development and ancillary services, representing both customers and vendors in the healthcare, life sciences, financial, and manufacturing industries. In this role, he advises clients on legal issues relating to the Internet and e-commerce, including drafting and negotiating cloud computing and software-as-a-service agreements, and provides counseling on data security, privacy, and general intellectual property matters.
Evan has experience in general corporate and commercial law matters, including entity formation, corporate governance, venture capital and private equity investments, mergers and acquisitions and commercial contracts.
Prior to law school, Evan founded an information technology consulting firm, Foster Consulting Group, which provides IT solutions for small businesses and nonprofit groups. He also worked as a consultant and as a business intelligence analyst before attending law school.
- Ongoing representation of a major university and affiliated health system in a variety of health care information technology agreements valued at six or seven figures
- Represented the same health system in the renegotiation of a multi-facility contract for outsourced environmental services valued in excess of $100 million
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in multiple negotiations for advertising, public relations, digital media and medical communications services, each valued in excess of $10 million
- Ongoing representation of a different global pharmaceutical company in a variety of information technology licensing and acquisition agreements, including regulated systems involved in the manufacturing and compliance functions
- Ongoing representation of a prominent state university in numerous technology acquisition, licensing and general procurement matters, including negotiations for its primary offsite data center, licensing of admissions software delivered as software-as-a-service (SaaS), and licensing of electronic medical record software for its physical therapy clinic
- Assisting a non-profit health network in the formation, structuring and implementation of a community-wide, hybrid health information exchange, including providing counsel on compliance with federal and state anti-kickback and physician self-referral statutes, privacy and security laws, including HIPAA, HITECH and protection of certain sensitive categories of information, and drafting required agreements and policies
- Serve as outside counsel to prominent vendor in the field of health information technology and health information exchange
- Representation of numerous small and mid-sized businesses in technology, Internet and general corporate and commercial matters
- 1 of 6
- next ›