Geoffrey M. Gamble
Geoff Gamble concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation matters, with an emphasis on complex insurance disputes, shareholder litigation and disputes, including shareholder demand responses and special committee issues, commercial lease litigation, and the defense of professionals in lawsuits alleging professional malpractice. Geoff works with clients in the financial services, insurance, retail, and construction industries, among others, and has litigated a number of class action lawsuits. In addition, he has represented clients in complex securities lawsuits and consumer protection actions.
In addition to his state bar admission, Geoff is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Representative matters include:
- Representing one of the three largest international insurance brokers in coverage-related disputes and claims of professional malfeasance in state and federal courts throughout the country
- Defending national insurance company against various claims of negligence and fraud in connection with sale of life insurance policies
- Serving as Maryland counsel in connection with the defense of shareholder derivative litigation involving Maryland Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Defending one of the Mid-Atlantic region's largest real estate brokerage companies in lawsuits involving allegations of professional malpractice, fraud, negligence and/or breach of contract against the company and its brokers/agents
- Advising corporations and individual clients in resolving inquiries and investigations brought by local and state regulatory agencies
- Representing one of the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider in commercial lease disputes throughout the country
- Representing the Baltimore City police officer and fire fighter unions in a constitutional class action challenge against the City of Baltimore’s modification of its public safety employee pension system
- Defending class action lawsuit against regional property management company arising from alleged unfair debt collection practices
- Defending securities class action lawsuit against CEO of large regional real estate asset management company
- Representing securities brokerage firm in various FINRA arbitration proceedings
Alerts & Newsletters