Gerard M. Clodomir
Gerard Clodomir works on complex litigation for corporate and commercial clients as well as for institutions of higher education. Gerard has experience representing large entities in litigation involving matters of Delaware corporate governance, alternative entity disputes, and other commercial disputes.
In addition, Gerard’s work for higher education institutions involves issues ranging from student conduct and faculty and staff employment disputes to civil tort claims and general commercial matters. Gerard also advises higher education clients in risk management and compliance, as well as in responding to government investigations involving Title IX and other federal laws.
Select representations include:
Corporate and Commercial
- Federal jury trial defense of contract and quasi-contract claims arising from an award to fund research designed to improve the use of orthotics and prostheses for wounded soldiers.
- Represented a family-owned farming business and its directors and officers in defending breach of fiduciary duty and wrongful dissolution claims in a Delaware Court of Chancery bench trial.
- Represented several pension fund beneficiaries of a Delaware Statutory Trust in a petition seeking removal of the trustee.
- Represented corporate plaintiffs in a Section 220 books and records action preceding dispute over control of a Delaware corporation.
- Obtained summary judgment on First Amendment retaliation, due process, and state whistleblower claims brought by a terminated professor who claimed his termination was in retaliation for his alleged report of faculty misconduct.
- Achieved the voluntary dismissal of a lawsuit brought by a female student alleging Title IX violations for a university’s alleged failure to adequately respond to her claim that another student sexually assaulted her.
- Obtained summary judgment against a former university department chair who claimed that her termination was in retaliation for an allegation of harassment lodged against her immediate supervisor and college dean.
- Assisted multiple universities in responding to Department of Education Office for Civil Rights Title IX investigations.
- Defended university in suit brought by a male student who claimed that the university’s investigation of sexual assault allegations against him violated due process and the university’s policies.
Alerts & Newsletters