Jeffrey H. Gelman
Jeffrey Gelman's legal practice involves the local, regional and national representation of developers, property managers, investors, lenders and others in financing, acquiring, developing and managing commercial (office, retail, industrial) and multifamily residential properties.
Jeffrey’s clients include companies and properties involved with federal, state and conventional housing and financing programs, mortgage-backed securities transactions and structured financing transactions, and programs of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Government National Mortgage Association. He advises clients on:
- real estate acquisition, finance and development law
- housing law
- condominium law
- bond financing
- commercial and corporate law
- environmental regulations relating to real estate
- commercial and multifamily mortgage financing programs
- structured/securitized financing transactions, and
- regulatory compliance of mortgage bankers and mortgage brokers.
In addition to his legal practice, Jeffrey is active in numerous community, civic and trade associations. He is frequently tapped to write and speak about real estate finance and development matters and has been recognized several times by the District of Columbia government for leadership in community service. In addition to his state bar admissions, Jeffrey is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
- 1 of 2
- next ›
Alerts & Newsletters