Jeffrey S. Glaser
Jeffrey S. Glaser focuses his practice on estate planning; business succession planning; prenuptial agreements; asset protection planning; charitable gift planning; and income, gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax planning, as well as trust and estate administration.
Jeff frequently speaks to professional organizations, charities and business institutes. Since 2007, Jeff has been a faculty member of the Maryland State Bar Association’s Continuing Education Program, where he has been a contributing author and lecturer for “Basic Estate Tax Planning” and “Using and Drafting Trusts in Estate Planning,” both of which are full-day continuing education courses for lawyers. Jeff has written materials and given presentations for continuing education credits to other professionals, such as the Maryland Association of CPAs, the National Business Institute, First Financial Group, and the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
Jeff has recently helped clients accomplish the following:
- Recovered nearly $400,000 of an inheritance that the client’s step-parent, through actions as a trustee and beneficiary of a trust, had fraudulently masked over many years;
- Secured a favorable estate tax savings of nearly $300,000 after the death of the family patriarch by using a rarely used planning technique;
- Brokered an agreement between siblings concerning distribution of an inheritance that preserved family relations;
- Recovered nearly $300,000 in overpaid estate taxes resulting from an error committed by another lawyer;
- Assisted clients in transitioning trusteeship of a large trust in wake of concerns of breach of fiduciary duties;
- Negotiated premarital agreements; and
- Located a significant error by a national accounting firm and assisted client in correcting the error.
- 1 of 3
- next ›
Alerts & Newsletters