Jeffrey W. Letwin
Jeffrey Letwin counsels businesses in complex matters including corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, securities, franchising, municipal and government services, real estate finance and development. He also advises enterprises in the interface between governmental and economic development agencies and devises financing strategies utilizing both private and public partnerships. Jeffrey has extensive experience representing franchisors in all aspects of developing and managing a franchise business.
Corporate and Real Estate Transactions
Jeffrey’s transactional experience runs the gamut from mergers and acquisitions to intricate public/private partnerships including energy, infrastructure and transportation deals to counseling emerging growth businesses in planning, startup, financing and related issues in addition to complex real estate acquisitions and divestitures, lease transactions and financings.
Representative transactions include:
- Representation of national logistics company in its acquisition strategy which has included six transactions for the acquisition of regional freight companies in various parts of the U.S.
- Representation of an international vertically-integrated produce company in the acquisition of a produce distribution company
- Representation of a strategic investment company focused on food manufacturers in the acquisition of a specialty meat manufacturer.
- Representation of the Allegheny County Airport Authority in a transaction with CNX Gas Company, estimated to be worth $500 million in lease and royalty payments for the oil and gas exploration rights at Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Represented an international investment fund in the acquisition and restart of an idled Fortune 100 food manufacturing facility.
- Represented a client in negotiation and financing of the acquisition of an idled consumer products manufacturer, including assembling six levels of government/economic development financing.
- Represented an international infrastructure fund and parking management company in the negotiation of the acquisition of the parking assets of a major metropolitan municipality, which ultimately decided to maintain its assets.
- Representation of the Allegheny County Airport Authority in the acquisition of the assets of Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County Airport, as well as the formation of the Authority.
- Representation of the Allegheny County Airport through the bankruptcies of its hub carrier including the renegotiation of the Airline Operating Agreement and leases for special purpose facilities.
- Served as Co-Counsel in the acquisition of a public utility by an international infrastructure fund.
Corporate and Government Finance
Jeffrey has represented the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority in structuring and financing the sale/leaseback of assets and has represented a national "big box" retail chain in financing and developing its corporate headquarters. His other accomplishments include:
- Acted as indenture trustee in municipal debt's issuances.
- Representation of underwriters and issuers of taxable and tax exempt industrial development and municipal finance.
- Formation of 34 Act registered closed-end small business investment fund.
- Private placement for numerous small- to mid-sized issuers.
Representation of a number of national franchisor "chain" operators from their inception to development of their franchise plans, advising on all documentation and registration matters and on ongoing matters affecting their systems.
- 1 of 2
- next ›
Alerts & Newsletters