Kurt A. Van Derslice
Kurt Van Derslice is an experienced real estate lawyer who advises clients in complex commercial real estate transactions, including those involving shopping centers, manufacturing facilities, research and development facilities, warehouses, offices and multi-family residential properties. In handling acquisitions, financings, leases and sales, Kurt is mindful not only of the need to close the deal at hand but the significance of the outcome for his clients’ future deals.
Select representative real estate transactions include:
- The acquisition by a regional shopping center owner of multiple shopping centers and the negotiation of leases for those shopping centers.
- The negotiation of warehouse and office leases across a national portfolio for a large private REIT.
- The acquisition by a national multi-family residential property owner of several apartment complexes in multiple states.
- The sale by a major defense contractor of a significant research and development campus.
- The acquisition by a major pharmaceutical company of a combined laboratory and manufacturing facility.
- The sale by a developer of a portfolio of low-income housing tax credit projects.
- The refinancing by a non-profit organization of the largest international youth hostel in North America.
- The Section 232 refinancing by a regional retirement housing and healthcare provider of a residential healthcare facility for the elderly.
In addition to his work in real estate, Kurt also has significant experience in corporate governance, capital markets and secured financing matters gained during his years representing public companies and private equity sponsors with the law firms O’Melveny & Myers and Hogan Lovells.
Alerts & Newsletters