Michael A. Gold
For more than 20 years, Michael Gold has helped clients in a wide variety of industries with stock and asset acquisitions, mergers, joint venture arrangements and public and private financing transactions. He also advises boards of directors and outside shareholders regarding corporate governance practices, proxy solicitations, tender offers and issues related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Michael has extensive experience with private equity, hedge fund and venture finance transactions, representing both investors and issuers. He has advised emerging-growth companies on organization, venture finance, employee and technology issues. He also counsels clients with regard to such securities regulatory matters as delisting procedures, SEC no-action requests, securities law violations and internal control concerns.
In addition, Michael has represented companies and individuals in connection with internal investigations, corporate crisis situations and enforcement actions brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission, the NYSE and FINRA (formerly the NASD). He handles issues related to structuring complex securities transactions, and trading practices and policies within different securities markets and firms.
Prior to law school, Michael was a financial analyst for Goldman, Sachs & Co. in New York City, specializing in mortgage finance.
- Defense Government Contractor - acquisition of cybersecurity division of major technology company
- Private college – joint venture with Fortune 500 Company and foreign governmental entity to develop overseas campus
- Global power company – formation of a $1 billion global, solar-power joint venture with a private equity firm
- Power generation systems manufacturer – acquisition of $100 million of securities of public front-end nuclear cycle company
- Merchant Banking firm - sale of investment banking and asset management businesses
- Motor sports promoters – acquisition of a NYSE-traded marketing company
- Alternative investment fund – formation of $1.1 billion in mortgage- backed securities investment fund
- Private equity fund – formation of $100 million distressed company private equity fund
- Global solar power company – $50 million solar energy technology venture finance transaction
Alerts & Newsletters