Nicholas C. Stewart
Nick Stewart focuses on helping companies navigate change events, with advice on financings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and antitrust issues. He has assisted clients at various stages of their lifecycles – from formation and early stage financings, to licensing and vendor contracts, to sales and acquisitions.
- Represented early stage health services company in Series A preferred stock capital raising transaction.
- Assisted decorative concrete contractor with reorganization of corporate structure and individual equity compensation plan.
- Counseled cement company in connection with the acquisition of a competitor and the divestiture of a business unit.
- Assisted telecom venture capitalist in valuing spectrum intended for sale at public auction.
- Advised board of directors in responding to shareholder demand letter and addressing accounting irregularities.
- Defended a port’s unprecedented 50-year public-private partnership for a marine terminal.
Nick’s understanding of the operational issues facing businesses also stems from his work outside of the office. Nick is a member of the Baltimore County Board of Education, where he and fellow board members develop school policies, consider and adopt a $1.6 billion budget, and manage school properties for the 25th largest school system in the nation with 110,000 students. Nick is also a member of the Baltimore County Workforce Development Board, where he works with businesses, the community, and education and labor leaders to provide policy guidance and oversight for the County’s workforce development system.
Prior to joining Saul Ewing, Nick was a judicial clerk for Judge Glenn T. Harrell, Jr. on the Maryland Court of Appeals. He was also a speechwriter for Maryland Governor Martin J. O’Malley, where he wrote hundreds of speeches, including the Governor's State of the State Address.