Patrick F. Nugent
Pat Nugent is a commercial and appellate litigator who represents clients across a variety of industries, in particular natural gas pipeline companies and insurers. Pat has experience handling pre-trial phases of litigation, including drafting pleadings, navigating discovery, preparing and opposing pre-trial motions, readying witnesses for depositions, and taking depositions. Pat also has significant experience drafting appellate motions and merits briefs.
Select representations include:
Interstate Pipeline Development
- Interstate natural gas pipeline company in federal appeals of Clean Water Act Section 401 water quality certifications issued by state agencies.
- Interstate natural gas pipeline companies in federal appeals of Certificates of Public Convenience and Necessity issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- A life insurer in state and federal trial court litigation involving the sale of life insurance and employer welfare benefit plans.
- A prominent gaming and entertainment client in a breach of contract and defamation case in New Jersey federal district court arising from an agreement to develop and implement an online gaming and gambling system for a casino.
- A global financial services firm in a high-value business interruption claim.
Pat is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he served as a Senior Advocate for the Employment Advocacy Project and advocated at unemployment hearings on behalf of pro bono clients. Following his first year of law school, Pat worked as an intern for the Honorable Anita B. Brody in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- 1 of 2
- next ›