Richard D. Leigh
Richard Leigh is a business lawyer who concentrates his practice on complex commercial transactions. Richard works closely with clients and their management teams to draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements, including contracts for purchase and sale of goods, distribution and supply agreements, services agreements, manufacturing agreements, licenses and leases. An important part of his practice involves support of clients’ procurement activities, including procurement of services such as outsourced personnel, media planning and buying, advertising, professional services, information technology and contract sales organizations. Richard is also experienced in mergers and acquisitions and other general commercial and corporate matters.
Richard represents borrowers and lenders in a variety of financing transactions, including secured and unsecured loans, revolving credit lines, letters of credit and leasing. As a former commercial banker, he understands both lender practices and standards and borrower needs, and draws on this practical experience in counseling clients.
In addition to his commercial and financing work, Richard assists healthcare providers with state facility licensure and certificate of need matters, with a particular focus on home health care. In this role, he serves as counsel to the leading national provider of in-home specialty infusion services.
Prior to law school, Richard spent 11 years with Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and Deutsche Bank AG, where he held several positions in credit risk management, project management and natural resources project finance.
Richard served for three years as a Lieutenant in the Corps of Engineers of the United States Army, stationed in Darmstadt, Germany.
- Represented a UK-based global pharmaceutical company in negotiation and drafting of master services and project agreements for contract sales organization (CSO) and outsourced customer service programs employing over 1,500 persons.
- Represented a different UK-based pharmaceutical company in negotiation and drafting of master services and other agreements for procurement of information technology, consulting and other services.
- Represented a Swedish specialty pharmaceutical company in negotiation and drafting of two master services agreements for CSOs to market a newly-approved drug in the U.S.
- While seconded as temporary in-house counsel to a UK-based manufacturer of catalysts and specialty chemicals, negotiated and drafted master services agreements in support of a U.S. business unit. During a second engagement with the same company, reviewed and negotiated contracts for sale of catalysts to industrial and public utility companies.
- Ongoing representation as external counsel to the leading U.S. provider of specialty home infusion services, including representation in licensure, certificate of need and regulatory compliance matters nationwide.
- Ongoing representation of a leading independent operator of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, including a recent $90 million acquisition of 14 skilled nursing facilities, a $112.5 million REIT financing involving 8 facilities, acquisition and working capital financing, and other commercial and corporate transactions.
- Representation of numerous businesses in the manufacturing, financial services, insurance and health care sectors in commercial contracting matters, including purchase and sale of goods, procurement and provision of services, and professional services contracts.
- Ongoing representation of a Pennsylvania community-chartered federal credit union in connection with its Member Business Loan program, including documentation of all credit transactions.
- Represented a Pennsylvania insurance company in the replacement of its $115 million secured letter of credit facility supporting the company’s reinsurance obligations.
Alerts & Newsletters