Ryan L. DiClemente
Ryan DiClemente is a litigator and co-chair of the Consumer Financial Services Practice. Ryan counsels and defends banks, financial services companies, student loan servicers and other clients against complex claims arising principally from federal and state consumer protection laws. Specifically, he concentrates on defending clients in both individual and class actions arising under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act (CFA), among other federal and state consumer protection statutes. As a result of his work in these areas, Ryan was named a “Top Litigator Under 40” by Benchmark Litigation in 2016.
Ryan also has significant experience in assisting companies in navigating complex business disputes, including derivative actions, breaches of asset purchase agreements, and claims under New Jersey’s Revised Limited Liability Act.
Select representations include:
- Defending against a putative nationwide TCPA class action in the Middle District of Florida arising from allegedly impermissible text messages;
- Negotiated the early resolution of a putative TCPA class action in the District of New Jersey on an individual basis;
- Co-counsel for national auto-finance company in a putative class action arising under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act;
- Obtained the dismissal of an adversary action arising from alleged violations of the Trust in Lending Act, and other consumer protection statutes.
- Defended real estate brokerage company from numerous actions of alleged fraud and violations of the CFA; and
- Defended former chief executive officer and seller of multi-million dollar consulting business in claims arising from alleged breach of the asset purchase agreement
- 1 of 2
- next ›