Sharon L. Levine
Sharon L. Levine has been at the forefront of some of the largest complex bankruptcy cases in recent years, and she has earned a national reputation among clients and peers as a tenacious and accomplished bankruptcy lawyer. Sharon is highly regarded for her litigation and negotiation skills in the practice of restructuring, debtor-creditor law restructuring and bankruptcy litigation. Her representations include purchasers, debtors and creditors (committees and individuals), and she has tried contested and litigated matters in venues including federal bankruptcy courts in New York, Delaware, California, Hawaii, Texas, Michigan, Virginia and New Jersey, among others.
Clients rely on Sharon's adept strategic ability to provide bankruptcy advice on "out of court" corporate reorganizations, corporate and structured finance matters, and acquiring distressed assets outside of a bankruptcy.
Sharon is a frequent lecturer on various bankruptcy topics and served as Co-Chair of the Trade Credit Committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), and as a member of the Board of Trustees and the Women's Committee of the Turnaround Management Association. She also served as Co-Chair of the Labor and Benefits Issues Advisory Committee to the ABI's Commission to Study the Reform (amend or modify) of the Bankruptcy Code treatment of Pension and Retiree Medical Benefits. She is active in serving her community and is on the Advisory Board of Women's Campaign International.
Areas of Experience and Select Representations:
- Represented the official unsecured creditors' committees in cases such as: Limitless Mobile, DirectBuy, Binder Machinery, Phoenix Brands, Noranda Aluminum, Verso Paper, Horsehead Holding Corp., Standard Register, Nirvana, Inc., Linear Construction Company, Karmaloop, Crumbs, Phoenix Payment Tech, Universal Cooperatives Inc., Gridway Energy Holdings Inc., Exide Technologies, KidsPeace, Oreck, Ormet, Handy Hardware, Southern Air, Global Aviation, Blitz U.S.A., Inc., Chef Solutions, Hussey Copper, Manistique Papers, Inc., Harry & David Holdings, Inc., American Safety Razor, Pinnacle Films, Inc., Consolidated Horticulture Group, Lear Corporation, Hayes Lemmerz, ION Media, Leiner Health Products, Inc., Star Tribune, Pliant Corporation, Foamex International, Papas Telecom and Marcal Paper.
- Represented the DIP lender, Kimbereley, L.P., a Sandton Capital L.P. fund, in Abengoa Bioenergy.
- Represented the debtors in Ezra Holdings Limited, Ezra Marine Services Pte. Ltd.,and EMAS IT Solutions Pte. Ltd, Wire Company Holdings, Inc. and Wire Property Holdings, ConnectEdu Inc., Consolidated Aluminum Corporation, Coach America, American Coach Lines, Royal Tours of America, Inc., Gilbert Express, Jobson Medical Information, Meridian Behavioral Health, LLC, IFL Corp., International Fight League, Summit Global Logistics, Inc., and Creative Group, Inc.
- Served as lead counsel for the ad hoc committee of bondholders under Global A&T Electronics (GATE) 10% Senior Secured Notes due 2019.
- Serves as bankruptcy counsel to Communication Workers of America in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of Avaya.
- Serves as bankruptcy counsel to The Global Helicopter Pilots Association in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of CHC Group
- Serves as bankruptcy counsel to the United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) in the Chapter 11 bankruptcies of Patriot Coal Corp., Walter Energy, Inc., and Alpha Natural Resources, Inc.
- Served as bankruptcy trial counsel to the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) and represented the IAM in the Chapter 11 cases of Northwest Airlines, Hawker Beechcraft, Hostess, United, US Airways (I and II), Hawaiian Airways, Aloha Airlines (I and II), TWA, AeroThrust Corporation, Motor Coach Industries International, Inc., and the creditors' committee and creditor trust in the Fedders bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented individual committee members in MF Global, Lyondell, AMR, American Airlines, American Eagle, Hawker Beechcraft, Hostess, Estes, and Bigler LP.
- Served as bankruptcy trial counsel to the Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO in the Chapter 11 cases filed by AMR, American Airlines and American Eagle.
- Served as special bankruptcy counsel to the IAM National Pension Fund in the Hostess case and to the American Federation of Musicians and Employers Pension Fund in the Philadelphia and certain other orchestra cases.
- Represents the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) in Puerto Rico’s Title III proceeding and Detroit’s Chapter 9 bankruptcy.
- 1 of 2
- next ›
- 1 of 5
- next ›
Alerts & Newsletters