Wendie C. Stabler
Wendie Stabler is lauded for being “extremely capable and really (knowing) her practice area well – she has a very good way with clients. … She has strong working relationships with the city and state government agencies.” – From Chambers USA 2015, 2016
Wendie Stabler handles complex real estate transactions and land development projects for Fortune 500 companies and other entities across many industries, including health care, pharmaceuticals, financial services and higher education. With more than 30 years of experience helping clients close real estate deals and complete land developments, Wendie understands how these two areas of the law intersect and provides counsel about how to navigate controversies that arise when projects come under regulatory or community scrutiny. She regularly appears before zoning and planning authorities and assists her clients in negotiating sophisticated deals that in many instances have had a major economic impact.
Wendie’s ability to navigate the regulatory arena also extends to the energy, utility and telecommunications industries which seek her counsel for projects ranging from acquisitions and permitting of power plants to cell tower siting.
Real Estate Transactions/Development
Wendie represents landlords, tenants, sellers and buyers in real estate acquisitions, sales, leasing and financing matters as well as a myriad of entities involved in development, redevelopment and expansion projects.
Select representations include:
- Represent Fortune 500 companies in complex real estate transactions including: the acquisition and aggregation of parcels for development of several million square feet for two company headquarters and the disaggregation, severance, sale and partial lease-back of various buildings.
- Repurposing of a 450,000-square-foot single-tenant corporate campus into multi-tenant office park for sale and lease.
- Represent sellers and buyers involved in the leasing, purchase and sale of multiple properties for financial institutions relocating substantial business units to Delaware.
- Chief outside counsel overseeing title and survey due diligence investigations for national, multi-state expansion of convenience store operator expected to involve approximately 50 stores annually.
- Work on behalf of health care companies including providing counsel for: a 500,000-square foot expansion to a nationally-acclaimed children’s hospital; a 200,000-square-foot cancer center expansion and associated medical office condominium for a regional hospital; and development and financing issues for multiple continuing care retirement facilities.
- Work on behalf of higher education institutions including development of a 20,000-square-foot athletic and multi-purpose facility and acquisition and development of several suburban campus sites.
- Serves as counsel for a state agency in connection with a 100-acre redevelopment of an NVF industrial site. The project is part of a public-private partnership to redevelop the site for multi-purpose including commercial, residential, office, extensive open space and active and passive recreational uses.
- Represented several Fortune 500 companies in connection with economic development incentive grant applications, including public infrastructure and strategic/job-creation grants.
Energy, Regulatory and Telecommunications
A substantial portion of Wendie’s practice involves counseling energy, utility and telecommunications providers on how best to comply with the changing and complex regulatory landscape. She also represents clients in the due diligence phase of a possible acquisition or purchase.
Select representations include:
- Represented one of the largest U.S. power producers in a billion dollar acquisition of power plants.
- Represented one of the largest telecommunications carriers in connection with regulatory matters before the Delaware Public Service Commission and cell siting matters throughout the State of Delaware.
- Represented alternative energy provider developing legal strategies for on-shore cable route.
- 1 of 4
- next ›
Alerts & Newsletters