William W. Warren, Jr.
Bill Warren is a member of the Real Estate Department and the Construction and Government Contracts practices. He has worked extensively on governmental procurement of technology, equipment, commodities and services, and public, nonprofit and private construction programs, as a commercial litigator in the federal Middle District of Pennsylvania, and in a wide variety of state administrative law matters.
Bill represents technology vendors, design firms, and contractors in state construction and technology procurement contract negotiations and dispute resolution processes. He also represents school districts, counties, cities, municipalities and authorities in contracting and construction matters.
Prior to joining Saul Ewing, Bill was Chief Counsel in the Pennsylvania Department of General Services where he was responsible for the legal aspects of the Commonwealth's building construction, commodity procurement and leasing programs. Bill was thereafter appointed Chief of Litigation in the Office of the General Counsel, responsible for monitoring and supervising significant litigation involving the executive agencies such as Transportation, General Services, and Environmental Protection, Insurance, Revenue, and Public Welfare.
Bill is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania.
- Advised a medical services provider in connection with the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections $500 million medical services contract and defended a bid protest filed by a disappointed bidder
- Represented a public owner in a $450 million expansion of a convention center, preparing professional service agreements and construction contracts used in bidding
- Represented a state agency in connection with $15 million in construction claims related to $150 million East Wing expansion of state Capitol Building
- Served as special counsel for construction matters in connection with a $200 million renovation and expansion program for Harrisburg School District
- Advised a technology vendor in connection with the creation of a $200 million public safety radio network
- Provides legal advice and representation to information technology companies and other service providers before state agencies
- Provides special counsel services to school districts, counties, and other public entities on school, prison, and other building construction projects valued in excess of $1 billion
- Serves as local counsel in connection with commercial litigation matters in the U.S.D.C. for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, based upon his experience as a federal law clerk, as a commercial litigator and as a past president of the Middle District's Federal Bar Association
- 1 of 7
- next ›
- 1 of 2
- next ›