Employment Issues Your Construction Firm Needs to Know About, Presented by Saul Ewing LLP
Saul Ewing’s Labor and Employment attorneys will lead an interactive presentation, exploring the top key employment issues and accommodation considerations that construction firms should be aware of.
Dena Calo, Vice Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice, and Allison Feldstein, a Partner in the Labor and Employment Practice, will discuss hot topics, such as:
- How management should handle employee requests for “reasonable accommodation” under the ADA, Title VII and other state and federal anti-discrimination laws
- Mastering leaves of absence and best practices for overcoming compliance and employee leave challenges
- Conducting employer background checks and the new stringent standards for employees v. independent contractors
- Dealing with harassment at the workplace
- How employees should conduct themselves in email and phone communications, and on social media