Partner presents estate planning seminar
Jeffrey S. Glaser, partner and co-chair of the Personal Wealth, Estates and Trusts practice, will present this seminar that will introduce people to estate planning needs and help them assess whether those needs are being met.
The seminar will cover:
- The basics: Overview of estate planning
- The myths: Ten most common estate planning mistakes people and their advisors make
- The process after death: What is probate, and other means of wealth transfer
- The primary tool: What is a trust and when is one useful
- The common enemy: Overview of taxes in estate planning
- The Brady Bunch: Common issues for people in second marriages
- Everybody’s problem: Planning with retirement assets and deferred income taxes
- The holy grail of transition: Avoiding disputes
The seminar will take place in Saul Ewing’s Baltimore office in Conference Room 9a/b on September 20, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to noon. The address of the Baltimore office is 500 E. Pratt Street, Suite 900 in downtown Baltimore, MD. Spouses and significant others are welcome to attend. Light refreshments will be served.