Burcat on the faculty for Practising Law Institute CLE seminar
Joel R. Burcat, chair of the Oil and Gas Practice, will co-present a session on hydraulic fracturing at the PLI’s upcoming seminar on environmental regulation.
Mr. Burcat will discuss recent developments in environmental law and policy that are impacting hydraulic fracturing, with Deborah Goldberg, managing attorney of Earthjustice’s Northeast regional office. Topics that will be addressed include:
- A brief history of drilling and fracturing
- Federal regulation of hydraulic fracturing
- State and local efforts to regulate fracturing
- The fight for local control and developing case law
- Waste disposal, air pollution, storm water pollution and other environmental concerns
- Health and policy issues
Mr. Burcat and Ms. Goldberg will provide insight and analysis of the new regulatory requirements and their compliance implications for businesses, institutions and real estate organizations, and for deal-making.
The seminar will take place in New York City at the PLI New York Center, 1177 Avenue of the Americas, and will be simulcast to locations throughout the Northeast.
To learn more about the seminar and to register for it, please click here.