Agriculture-based businesses face a broad range of issues which can impact productivity and profitability, including land use and environmental concerns; government regulatory issues; the constant evolution of biotechnology, GMOs, and agricultural chemicals; industry consolidation; food safety concerns; and supply chain and global trade complexities.
Our attorneys help agribusiness clients meet these challenges by providing pragmatic and forward-thinking advice so they can grow and thrive in a competitive and ever-changing industry. From family farms to large agribusiness conglomerates, and the companies that service both, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr represents clients in the agriculture sector with the breadth of experience and capabilities necessary to address the complexities of modern agricultural production and to devise holistic approaches and solutions.
We represent clients across the spectrum of agricultural production and distribution, including:
- Livestock and crop producers
- Vineyards and wineries
- Agrichemical companies
- Family-owned farms
- Agribusiness corporations and cooperatives
- Agribusiness licensors
- Equipment manufacturers
We handle a variety of matters for our clients, ranging from tax and estate planning to real estate to regulatory and administrative matters before federal, state and local governments. Our team of attorneys serves our rural customers with the caliber and sophistication of traditional big city firms while maintaining our down-to-earth, collaborative approach to dispute resolution and complex transactions.
Our team in Florida frequently handles real estate, procurement, permitting and regulatory matters for clients before water management districts and various cities and counties across the state.
- We represent agricultural land owners before county property appraisers and Value Adjustment Boards in agricultural property classification and taxation matters.
- We have represented clients before the United States Department of Agriculture, Florida Department of Agriculture, and Consumer Services in quasi-judicial, administrative and regulatory matters.
- We assist our agribusiness clients in debt collection matters.
- We have successfully represented clients before South Florida Water Management District by negotiating cattle grazing lease agreements for ranchers, assisting clients in the purchase of surplus government lands, design-build contracts to complete environmental and water infrastructure projects, Water Use and Right of Way permit transfers and applications, and exchanges of interests in real property.
The group includes attorneys who have been named to the following lists: