David S. Wayne
David S. Wayne’s practice focuses on complex real estate and commercial litigation, employment matters and insurance coverage disputes. His practice includes all phases of litigation including trial work, arbitration/mediation, appeals, motion practice, and responding to charges before state and federal agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Illinois Department of Insurance.
David has successfully litigated cases to judgment in Illinois state and federal courts, as well as to award before the American Arbitration Association.
Select representations include:
- Obtaining an award at arbitration in favor of a client for the recovery of significant wrongful charges levied upon it in connection with a revenue and cost sharing agreement
- Obtaining summary judgment for a client who was sued for allegedly breaching a contract to engage in a joint business venture relating to the creation of trading funds
- Obtaining a dismissal with prejudice on behalf of a property management company sued for allegedly acting as a state actor and violating the plaintiff’s civil rights
- Obtaining a judgment in favor of a client who was sued by his business partner to restrain the sale of a large, multi-unit apartment building
- Successfully defending (at the trial and appellate courts) a real estate developer in a fraud action in connection with the sale of real estate
- Obtaining a finding of no liability on behalf of a national retailer in an action involving a natural gas explosion
Among David’s non-litigation matters were:
- Drafting and negotiating numerous employment contracts and severance agreements for a wide range of industries and professions
- Assisting businesses in resolving disputes among partners and shareholders
- Serving as a trusted advisor and counselor to successful entrepreneurs and business owners
Alerts & Newsletters