Donald A. Rea
Over the course of his 20-year legal career, Don Rea has represented clients in various litigation and arbitration matters involving business disputes, consumer class actions, construction defects, delay and acceleration claims, land development disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, and commercial lending. His clients include national retailers, consumer product and services companies, commercial owners and developers, financial institutions and contractors and suppliers. Don has represented these clients in controversies ranging from $500,000 to $100 million.
Recognizing that defending lawsuits is a zero-sum game at best for his clients, Don focuses his efforts on developing useful strategies with his clients to resolve disputes as cost-effectively as possible. This requires a clear understanding of his client’s objectives, effective budgeting and fee flexibility, and above all strategic thinking. These are the hallmarks of Don’s practice and approach to each matter he handles.
Some of his more recent trial experience includes:
- Representing a manufacturer of construction materials in $55 million breach of contract, negligence and fraud claims against it that resulted in successful verdict for the client
- Representing a multinational retailer in $25 million bench trial for breach of commercial lease case resulting in partial summary judgment for the defense
- Representing a national bank in $16 million jury trial for breach of commercial loan contracts and fraud, resulting in a successful verdict for the defense
- Multi-district litigation on behalf of national retail organization against builder of approximately one dozen stores in four states, involving mechanic’s liens, construction defect and incomplete project claims and approximately $30 million in overall construction claims, resulting in favorable judgments and subsequent settlements for client and coordinated replacement contractors and suppliers
- Successful defense of national bank and mortgage corporations in multi-million dollar consumer financial services class actions involving truth-in-lending, settlement services, broker compensation and other issues
- Bench trials resulting in successful verdicts for leasing organizations, mortgage corporations, developers and contractors
- 1 of 3
- next ›
- 1 of 2
- next ›