Gianna J. Arnold
Gianna Arnold helps companies protect, leverage and enforce their intellectual property and develop and memorialize strategic alliances in service to their goal of enhancing their value. Her understanding of the importance of these assets to the bottom line of a business stems in part from her past experience as an entrepreneur and corporate executive. She also brings a deep understanding of the science underpinning discoveries and inventions and how they intersect wit h legal issues from her previous work as a scientist with advanced degrees in biotechnology and intellectual property law.
Her work with clients includes:
- Negotiating strategic alliances and preparing the resulting agreements.
- Developing and managing intellectual property portfolios (designing knowledge strategy to result in appropriate identification, protection, leverage and management of intellectual assets and in securing and enforcing intellectual property rights worldwide).
- Preparing opinions (patentability, validity, infringement, freedom to use).
- Preparation and review of information technology agreements.
- Due diligence analysis in connection with mergers, acquisitions, licensing, and private equity placements.
- Corporate and transactional work for life sciences and technology-centered clients
Gianna is a prolific writer and a frequent speaker on intellectual property issues. Click here for list of selected publications and presentations.
Competitive intelligence: Gianna has developed a competitive analysis program that is risk based and business focused. Through this analysis, and in conjunction with the client, pros and cons of potential business opportunities are identified and strategies for minimizing risk and maximizing opportunity are developed.
Turnaround analysis and implementation strategy: Due diligence prior to acquisition or investment can result in valuable intelligence that is often lost. Gianna develops next-steps documents such that this intelligence is maintained and used post deal to further enhance the value of the related business opportunity.
Memorializing relationships: Gianna is experienced in negotiating a variety of relationships and preparing the resulting agreements. This experience gives her insight into alternative relationship structures and potential negotiated middle ground. Gianna is particularly experienced in agreements pertaining to the life science industry and in cross-border agreements.
Preparation for acquisition: In both in-house and outside counsel capacity, Gianna has developed and implemented strategies the companies and/or company divisions have employed to increase their commercial value and to contribute to the success of acquisitions.
Domestic and foreign intellectual property portfolios: In conjunction with the Firm’s patent agents and associates, Gianna attends to the preparation and prosecution of an extensive patent portfolio.
- 1 of 2
- next ›
Alerts & Newsletters