Kathryn L. Hickey
Kathryn Hickey concentrates her practice primarily in general business, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, securities and life sciences. She regularly counsels companies on a wide range of legal issues, including entity formation and structure, employment issues, licensing and regulatory compliance.
Kathryn has acted as counsel to buyers and sellers in mergers, business restructuring, asset purchase and sale transactions and stock purchase and sale transactions. She has worked with large and small companies and on both domestic and international transactions. Her experience in venture capital involves representing companies and investors in venture capital and angel investment transactions with respect to both early and late stage companies.
As part of her securities practice, Kathryn has counseled clients on compliance with federal securities laws and has represented clients in connection with offerings of debt and equity securities and private placements. In the life sciences industry, Kathryn has represented several life sciences and biotech companies in matters including licensing, acquiring and divesting intellectual property, regulatory compliance, commercialization of intellectual property, joint ventures and business alliance agreements.
Kathryn helps businesses with transactions and contracts in the government contracts space as well. Her work includes negotiating and drafting teaming agreements, collaboration agreements and subcontractor agreements for both prime contractors and subcontractors. She also provides counsel on qualification for participation in 8(a) programs operated by the U.S. Small Business Administration as well as set-asides in government contracts for businesses owned and controlled by socially- and economically-disadvantaged individuals, including veterans and women.
- Represented Syntec LLC in a Series A preferred stock capital raising transaction and in the purchase of a division of Tenax Corporation
- Represented the members of Ellicott Dredge Enterprises LLC in the sale of a substantial portion of the membership interests to Markel Ventures, Inc.
- Represented private equity firm ABS Capital Partners in the recapitalization of Payformance Corporation
- Represented a large international pharmaceutical company in the sale of several lines of marketed products to two venture-backed purchasing companies
- Represented an international medical device company in the restructuring of its North American organization, a Series A preferred stock capital raising transaction and the multi-phase stock purchase acquisition of another medical device company
- 1 of 3
- next ›
Alerts & Newsletters