Michael C. Barnes
Michael Barnes is a partner in the Public Finance Practice where he focuses his practice on finance matters of states, municipalities, industrial development authorities, school districts and non-profit entities. Michael serves as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel and borrower's counsel for a variety of public finance transactions, including:
- General Obligation Bonds;
- Hospital and Healthcare Revenue Bonds;
- Improvement Authority and Economic Development Bonds;
- Higher Education Bonds;
- School District Bonds;
- Water and Wastewater Revenue Bonds; and
- Bond Anticipation Notes.
Additionally, Michael counsels issuers and borrowers on securities laws and continuing disclosure obligations relating to tax-exempt bonds. Michael also has extensive experience in the drafting and negotiation of guaranteed investment contracts and repurchase agreements, as well as the implementation of derivative transactions.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Barnes worked as a stagehand and rigger for the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.
- Co-bond counsel for $2,827,405,000 Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority Unemployment Compensation Revenue Bonds
- Borrower's counsel for $124,745,000 Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development Senior Living Facilities Revenue Bonds (Wesley Enhanced Living Obligated Group)
- Underwriter’s counsel for $63,890,000 Cumberland County Improvement Authority (New Jersey), County General Obligation Revenue Bonds (Technical High School Project)
- Underwriter's counsel for $184,855,000 City of Philadelphia Water and Wastewater Revenue Bonds and Revenue Refunding Bonds
- Borrower's counsel for $108,800,000 Centre County Hospital Authority Hospital Revenue Bonds (Mount Nittany Medical Center Project)