New Jersey Cannabis at a Crossroads: Navigating Complex Regulatory, Business, and Legal Issues
New Jersey is on the precipice of major changes to how it treats cannabis. One such change relates to the much-anticipated and dramatic expansion of New Jersey’s medical marijuana program and another relates to proposed legislation to legalize adult use of marijuana in the Garden State. This complimentary symposium, “New Jersey Cannabis at a Crossroads: Navigating Complex Regulatory, Business, and Legal Issues,” will feature speakers from a diverse set of disciplines, and will offer a little something for everyone, from cannabis industry executives to patients, from lawyers to regulators, from employees to employers, and many others in between. In light of Gov. Murphy’s recently-announced marijuana program expansion plans, the Garden State has quickly come into focus for regional and national players, alike.
The symposium will feature several panel discussions with speakers from Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, the New Jersey Cannabis Industry Association, the Business of Cannabis, as well as cannabis business executives. The speakers will address a variety of regulatory, business and legal issues that are unique to the cannabis space. Topics covered will include:
- A legal primer on the federal and state landscapes of cannabis regulation;
- Best practices for raising capital for and structuring your cannabis business;
- Issues and uncertainties that cannabis regulations at the state level have caused for employers;
- Impact of the Executive Order 6 Report, pending legislation regarding adult use, and social justice reform; and
- Lessons learned from leading cannabis operators in North America on their successes and challenges, and what it takes to operate a successful cannabis business.
In addition to the topics above, we will hear from a keynote speaker on New Jersey’s plans in the cannabis space.
For questions, please contact Mary Brightman at 215.972.7773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance registration is required.